Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

astechBI
Frequent Visitor

Dashboard Tiles for Streaming Dataset Stopped Updating

I've created a streaming dataset using powershell to push data via API. 3 days ago it was working flawlessly and refreshing seconds after each push, but today the tiles will not display recent data until the page is manually refreshed. The powershell script has been looping continuously the whole time and no edits have been made to the dashboard or underlying report.

I've tried creating additional test datasets and have found that they also will no longer perform a live refresh when pinned to a dashboard.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and found a resolution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I spoke w/ some members of the support staff who informed me that this has now been recognized as a known issue. You can check the current of the fix at support.powerbi.com. Currently it says:

"Power BI customers using Push Data service may see linked visuals not refresh automatically. Engineers are working on a fix and expect it to be deployed by end-of-day 06/09/2020."

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
vbourbeau
Resolver II
Resolver II

Do you have any news about this problem? I've got the same problem, my refresh stops around one month ago. I think it's something to do with our location. I'm from Quebec Canada.

Agathe
Frequent Visitor

I'm experiencing exactly same issue : dashboard with real-time pushed data working fine from about one year suddenly stop refreshing without any error message.....

I have the same issue 😞

I've tried creating a test datasets and it's worked on the editor screen but  after that i pinned to the dashboard the stream dataset was empty.

hs_sydney
Regular Visitor

I'm still experiencing this issue.  Does that mean no change in at least 3 months?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wednesday and still having the same problem, any news on this?

@Anonymous @pascou30 

I've submitted a ticket with a secription and video demonstration of the issue - will reply back here when I get a response.

A couple other things I've noticed:

- When creating a new hybrid dataset the intial set of options displayed next to it in the list are for a traditional dataset (schedule refresh, analyze in Excel, etc.)

- If I create a tile using the 'Add Tile' button on the dashboard, then the live refresh works as expected

Is this true for you all as well?

Hi astechBI, I receive an email from Power BI and the problem will be fix in the middle of the next week.

Thank  for your help guys

It seems this issues is not just streaming datasets. We have a dashboard on a big screen in our department that has been refreshing automatically for almost a year, but by the end of May it stopped refreshing.

The dataset for our dashboard is a On-Prem Analysis Services Tabular model.

/sdjensen

I spoke w/ some members of the support staff who informed me that this has now been recognized as a known issue. You can check the current of the fix at support.powerbi.com. Currently it says:

"Power BI customers using Push Data service may see linked visuals not refresh automatically. Engineers are working on a fix and expect it to be deployed by end-of-day 06/09/2020."

Hello,

Did you solve this problem?. I have exactly the same issue. Your problem was filed a year ago. I can't imagine that this has not been solved meanwhile...

I hope you can point me in the right direction.

Kind regards,

Erik Receveur.

I am facing the same problem. Even when I update the streaming dataset using the sample PowerShell, the streaming tile on the dashboard does not refresh. Not all visual types of streaming tile have the same problem. If the visual used is card, it refreshes fine but depending on your dataset schema that may not be even useful. All in all, it is broken and there is no error details displayed. Pretty disappointing!

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @astechBI 

I have tested on my Power BI service, the tile streaming update automatically. Where did your Power BI locate?

I have tested two-stream datasets, one is Example of using real time streaming in Power BI, another is Azure Stream Analytics job push data from TelcoGenerator.zip sample in this Stream Analytics and Power BI: A real-time analytics dashboard for streaming data. I would suggest you test one of those two steam datasets to check if the issue related to your stream dataset.

Kindly refer to the portal whether the issue has been created, if not you might raise it for further research:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

For me, Quebec, Canada. 

I have the same problem today.  I clear all value in push dataset but nothing change.

pascou30
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here.  Dashboard populate with a push Dataset Stopped automatically update since last Friday. Not working on web and Power Bi application. 

Glad it's not just me. Friday 5/29 is the last day I observed mine to be working as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors