Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

facuns

Change Power Bi Tenant Region

Hi, Some time ago I created an account in Power Bi within US region. Later on, I created a PowerApps account in south america region. Thing is, Power Bi data is stored in Texas, and PowerApps data is stored in Brazil. That is giving me a pain with the Data Gateway, since I have it configured to work with Brazil region, so it is only working with PowerApps, and is not working wit Power Bi.

I need to change the region of Power Bi (since I'm based on Argentina, so Brazil is the correct place for storing the data), but even thoug I have a premium account, I can't create a support ticket for doing so. I get a message saying "Your account does not have permissions to create support requests for this service. Try selecting another support plan.". 

facuns_0-1638278812454.png

In the office 365 admin center, I'm the global administrator of the account, but I can't edit further details. 

facuns_1-1638278880655.png

Since I'm new on Power Bi, i don't have much data stored on it, so I guess the simplest way to solve it is to completle delete the Power Bi account and create a new one, but I can't find a way to do it.

Another wolution would be to have two gateways on my server, one of them working with Brazil region, and the other one working with Texas region, but I think that is not possible.

any suggestions?

Thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @facuns ;

Your default data region is determined by the location selected during sign-up. However, this region may not be optimal if most of your users are located in a different geographic location. You might want to move to another region to reduce latency or to ensure data governance. You can’t move your organization’s tenant between regions by yourself.

If you need to change your default data location from the current region to another region, you have to contact support to manage the migration for you.
 Refer to the offical document.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-region-move

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yalan Wu! thank you for your kind repply. As I wrote in my original post, I can't generate help tickets on Power bi, even though I am a global administrator and I have a pro account. I don't know how to solve it.

Hi, @facuns ;

If your problem is urgent , you can open a support ticket with MSFT to seek technical support.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/ 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors