Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JohnNPBIUser
Regular Visitor

Build a report showing all Apps in your organization

Is there a way where I can extract a list of all apps in my organization, as I have been asked to build an app that displays all of the reports that we have created as an app.  Is there a way I could do this directly in Power BI?  Essentially this will be an app that acts as a glossary to our users so we can display all the apps that are live in our organization. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jonvoge
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi JohnNPBIUser

You can use the REST API endpoints related to the Workspace Apps to get e.g. a list of all Apps:

Apps - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn

This REST API could be called by using the 'Web'-connector in Power Query, or any other program of your choice.

To access and use these endpoints, you may need assistance from IT to get the proper access rights in your Azure Tenant (e.g. the Power BI App.Read.All permission).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jonvoge
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi JohnNPBIUser

You can use the REST API endpoints related to the Workspace Apps to get e.g. a list of all Apps:

Apps - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn

This REST API could be called by using the 'Web'-connector in Power Query, or any other program of your choice.

To access and use these endpoints, you may need assistance from IT to get the proper access rights in your Azure Tenant (e.g. the Power BI App.Read.All permission).

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors