Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mz03
Frequent Visitor

Bookmarks

Hello, 

I created several reports in Power BI Desktop with bookmarks that filter for a specific entity. To access the bookmarks via the website, I saved the url for each bookmark, eg.: app.powerbi.com/groups/abc/reports/abc123/ReportSection?bookmarkGuid=Bookmarkxyz123 . This worked fine in the past and I could download the bookmarked report with filtered value as PDF. 

Today I noticed that the behavior changed: When I enter the url of the bookmark I get redirected to app.powerbi.com/groups/abc/reports/abc123/ReportSection  and the report is not filtered for the fields specified in the bookmark and the default values are shown. The link to the bookmark has not changed (I can see the same url when I manually choose the bookmark via the bookmark pane).

Do you know why this is happening?

Thanks, 

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mz03
Frequent Visitor

Support confirmed that it was a bug which was fixed with the last release

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mz03
Frequent Visitor

Support confirmed that it was a bug which was fixed with the last release

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mz03,

I test on my side and these still work, I'd like to suggest you check your bookmark URL to confirm it if any change applies to it.
In addition, I'd like to suggest you create buttons and binding action with specific bookmarks. It will navigation to a specific bookmark even if you change on these bookmarks.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Hmm, I can't replicate that.

You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors