Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ovonel
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Avoid pages from all reports in Navigation Pane?

How do I avoid all the pages from all the reports in Navigation Pane?

I have 3 Reports on my workspace (the 3 of them are live in an App)…

Each report consists of  15 pages…

When the user clicks here:

ovonel_0-1712571896138.png

It becomes very very cluttered:

ovonel_1-1712571896140.png

(this continueeees long...)

I do not know why it display the pages for all 3 reports… so that is like 45 links!

Is there any way to ONLY show the pages of the report that the user opened?

(I know a solution could be to create one report per workspace, but I do not want that...)

2 REPLIES 2
ovonel
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Thanks, but it doesnt work for me... I select this option, and it gets completely ignored:

ovonel_0-1712651871649.png

I dont get it...

johnbasha33
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@ovonel 

To avoid displaying pages from all reports in the Navigation Pane in Power BI, you can follow these steps:

1. Organize Reports into Sections: If your reports are organized into sections within the same workspace, you can leverage this structure to better manage the Navigation Pane.

2. Hide Pages from Other Reports: You can hide pages from other reports by setting their visibility properties. Here's how:

• Open each report in Power BI Desktop.
    • Go to the "View" tab and select "Selection Pane."
    • In the Selection Pane, you'll see a list of all the report elements, including pages.
    • Select the pages from other reports that you want to hide.
    • Right-click on the selected pages and choose "Hide."
  3. Configure Navigation Options: In the Power BI service, navigate to the report settings. Here, you can configure how the report's pages are displayed in the Navigation Pane. You can choose to display only the current report's pages or show all pages from all reports in the workspace.

4. Use Bookmarks for Navigation: Instead of relying solely on the Navigation Pane, you can create bookmarks within each report to facilitate navigation. Each bookmark can be linked to a specific page or view within the report, providing a more streamlined user experience.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors