Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

hobe1
Helper II
Helper II

Automatic dashboard publish to web when parent report updated

Hi All,

I see a number of posts on this topic but most are mid 2016 so I wanted to check on the latest information on how to achieve this. I think if I need a gateway then can anyone confirm this is the process:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem

However do I need a gateway? I have a dataset collected from online data submissions into a central CRM database which is on the same Office365/MS Dynamics network as my Power BI Professional application. So I can automate my desktop Power BI dashboard report dataset from CRM tables quite easily however what I want to understand is how I schedule an automatic refresh of the MS Cloud version of the dashboard from the Power BI version on my desktop without having to manually click on "Publish to Web everytime. I am not a technical expert but not totally tech. illiterate either so any relatively simple guidance or solutions I can try would be greatly approaciated

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@hobe1,

Content packs from online services: like Adobe Analytics, SalesForce, and Dynamics CRM Online. Datasets created from online services are refreshed automatically once a day. While it’s probably not necessary, you can manually refresh or setup a refresh schedule. Because online services are in the cloud, a gateway is not required.

So in your scenario, a gateway is not required. Please refer to the link below.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-data

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@hobe1,

Content packs from online services: like Adobe Analytics, SalesForce, and Dynamics CRM Online. Datasets created from online services are refreshed automatically once a day. While it’s probably not necessary, you can manually refresh or setup a refresh schedule. Because online services are in the cloud, a gateway is not required.

So in your scenario, a gateway is not required. Please refer to the link below.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-data

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi All,

Thanks for the information, with the steer you provided I was able to get the automatic refresh configured and working so all good,

regards

Howard

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors