Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hobe1
Helper II
Helper II

Automatic dashboard publish to web when parent report updated

Hi All,

I see a number of posts on this topic but most are mid 2016 so I wanted to check on the latest information on how to achieve this. I think if I need a gateway then can anyone confirm this is the process:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem

However do I need a gateway? I have a dataset collected from online data submissions into a central CRM database which is on the same Office365/MS Dynamics network as my Power BI Professional application. So I can automate my desktop Power BI dashboard report dataset from CRM tables quite easily however what I want to understand is how I schedule an automatic refresh of the MS Cloud version of the dashboard from the Power BI version on my desktop without having to manually click on "Publish to Web everytime. I am not a technical expert but not totally tech. illiterate either so any relatively simple guidance or solutions I can try would be greatly approaciated

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@hobe1,

Content packs from online services: like Adobe Analytics, SalesForce, and Dynamics CRM Online. Datasets created from online services are refreshed automatically once a day. While it’s probably not necessary, you can manually refresh or setup a refresh schedule. Because online services are in the cloud, a gateway is not required.

So in your scenario, a gateway is not required. Please refer to the link below.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-data

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@hobe1,

Content packs from online services: like Adobe Analytics, SalesForce, and Dynamics CRM Online. Datasets created from online services are refreshed automatically once a day. While it’s probably not necessary, you can manually refresh or setup a refresh schedule. Because online services are in the cloud, a gateway is not required.

So in your scenario, a gateway is not required. Please refer to the link below.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-data

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi All,

Thanks for the information, with the steer you provided I was able to get the automatic refresh configured and working so all good,

regards

Howard

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors