Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Griplock

Adobe Analytics Connector

I am able to use segments in Workspace. However, when using the same segements in the Adobe Connector, there is an error stating that the "table is empty"

8 REPLIES 8
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Griplock,

Which error are you encountering with? Please check if the credentials are correct. You can also refer to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-connect-to-adobe-analytics#troubleshooting

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

This is happening for me too.

I turned on tracing, and looked through the logs.

The Report.Queue method is being POSTed to the Adobe Analytics API, and then Report.Get called repeatedly to see if the report is ready--but it's still being prepared.  Adobe's API returns a 400 error in this case.

After so many attempts, it gives up and simply returns "This table is empty".

According to the AdobeAnalytics.Cube() Power Query M documentation, "RetryInterval" can be changed from the default 1 second to longer--but looking at the trace log, this parameter appears to be ignored.

Here's how you would increase the RetryInterval to 20 seconds:

AdobeAnalytics.Cubes([RetryInterval = #duration(0, 0, 0, 20)])

But as I said, this parameter is ignored.

EDIT: I've submitted a support ticket with Microsoft on this issue.

EDIT2: I've confirmed two bugs have been fixed by Microsoft: the parameteres "MaxRetryCount" and "RetryInterval" are no longer ignored.  The connector still returns an error-less empty result set if the request eventually times out though.  I'm going to submit another ticket on this.

UPDATE:

From Microsoft Support in regards to my support ticket:

"We have identified this as a bug. This fix will be deployed and will be available in (Aug, 2019) release."

Hello @jeffshieldsdev ,

Do you happen to know if this was included in the August Release? I'm pulling a very large data set, but the Power BI Adobe Analytics API times out still, unless I'm adding your logic incorrectly within the Advanced Editor.

Queries can still timeout without error...the bug was that the two parameters "MaxRetryCount" and "RetryInterval" were ignored completely.  They now control the behavior of the connector.

Thanks @jeffshieldsdev ! It's probably timing out due to complex and large data pull I'm requesting from the API

Am I placing the Retry Inverval correctly below? I just want to confirm this I'm using it correctly since I'm very new to Power BI Query.

let
Source = AdobeAnalytics.Cubes([HierarchicalNavigation=true]),
toyota = Source{[Name="xxxxxxxx"]}[Data],
tmstoyota2017 = toyota{[Id="xxxxxxxxxx"]}[Data],
#"Retry Interval" = AdobeAnalytics.Cubes([RetryInterval = #duration(0, 0, 0, 20)]),
#"Added Items" = Cube.Transform(xxxxxxxxx,
{
{Cube.ApplyParameter, "DateRange", {Date.AddMonths(Date.StartOfMonth(Date.From(DateTime.LocalNow())), -23),Date.AddMonths(Date.StartOfMonth(Date.From(DateTime.LocalNow())), -1)}},
{Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "DateGranularity", {"year", "month", "day"}, {"Date Granularity.Level 1: Year", "Date Granularity.Level 2: Month", "Date Granularity.Level 3: Day"}},
{Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "xxxxxxxxxxx", {"xxxxxxxxxxx"}, {"xxxxxxxxxxx"}},
{Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "xxxxxxxxxxx", {"xxxxxxxxxxx"}, {"xxxxxxxxxxx"}},
{Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "xxxxxxxxxxx", "xxxxxxxxxxx"},
{Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "xxxxxxxxxxx", "xxxxxxxxxxx"}
})

in
#"Added Items"

Close...you only need one AdobeAnalytics.Cubes() function, not two seperate ones--just add the duration to the first one (no need for the #"Retry Interval" step you've added).

I think your code should look like this:

Source = AdobeAnalytics.Cubes([HierarchicalNavigation=true, RetryInterval = #duration(0, 0, 0, 20)]),
toyota = Source{[Name="xxxxxxxx"]}[Data],
tmstoyota2017 = toyota{[Id="xxxxxxxxxx"]}[Data],
#"Added Items" = Cube.Transform(xxxxxxxxx,

This will check every 20 seconds for a result set--I would use maybe a minute:

RetryInterval = #duration(0, 0, 1, 0)

You can also use the MaxRetryCount to change how many times it'll check (the default is 120 times):

Source = AdobeAnalytics.Cubes([HierarchicalNavigation=true, RetryInterval = #duration(0, 0, 1, 0), MaxRetryCount = 60]),

Thank you for the feedback @jeffshieldsdev ,

Initially I ran into an error, but was fixed when I updated to the latest version of Power BI (Nov 2019) and your updates ran smoothly. However, the data set is still way too large for this method, so I'll need to find another method. Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors