Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

wellf100
Helper I
Helper I

Sub Total formatting in cross tabs not retained on Report Server

Hi,  some sub total formating that i apply in Desktop (May 2022 RS version) on cross tab tables is not being retained after loading to the server (May 2022 Report Server).  In particular if i set the table 'Style' to 'None' and then apply sub total formatting it's not being retained.  (I am setting the initial format style to 'None' as i want to start with a transparent table). 

Example crosstab:

How it looks on Desktop:

wellf100_0-1663067952171.png

How it looks after loading to Report Server:

wellf100_1-1663068019146.png

You can see that any formatting i apply to the Sub total columns is lost.  i.e. any background colour reverts to nothing and any text colour reverts to black.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wellf100 ,

Just a quick check with you if your report has a custom theme applied in Desktop for Power BI Report Server? Does this issue occur after the custom theme is modified?

Also,you may check if this similar thread helps

Solved: Loosing Formatting after Publishing report to the ... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, i have tried creating a new blank report with no theme at all and the same happens.  

I also cleared my browser cache and no difference.

wellf100
Helper I
Helper I

in fact setting the table 'style' makes no difference.  regardless of the style any formatting of sub totals is not retained.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.