Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

wellf100
Helper I
Helper I

Sub Total formatting in cross tabs not retained on Report Server

Hi,  some sub total formating that i apply in Desktop (May 2022 RS version) on cross tab tables is not being retained after loading to the server (May 2022 Report Server).  In particular if i set the table 'Style' to 'None' and then apply sub total formatting it's not being retained.  (I am setting the initial format style to 'None' as i want to start with a transparent table). 

Example crosstab:

How it looks on Desktop:

wellf100_0-1663067952171.png

How it looks after loading to Report Server:

wellf100_1-1663068019146.png

You can see that any formatting i apply to the Sub total columns is lost.  i.e. any background colour reverts to nothing and any text colour reverts to black.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wellf100 ,

Just a quick check with you if your report has a custom theme applied in Desktop for Power BI Report Server? Does this issue occur after the custom theme is modified?

Also,you may check if this similar thread helps

Solved: Loosing Formatting after Publishing report to the ... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, i have tried creating a new blank report with no theme at all and the same happens.  

I also cleared my browser cache and no difference.

wellf100
Helper I
Helper I

in fact setting the table 'style' makes no difference.  regardless of the style any formatting of sub totals is not retained.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.