Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

New scheduled refresh plan is never triggered

Hello,

I would need assistance 🙂

I have a lot of dashboards that are refreshed by plans that work great for months (may 2020).

It is plans that I created in Report server (and not in Power BI worksplace).

For a few days, every new refresh plan that I add on a dashboard does not work. It is never started/triggered and if I start it manually, it says "Refresh in progress" and blocks in this status.

However all existing plans still works great. If I remove one of this plan and add exactly the same, it fails as described above.

I restarted server, report server instance but issue persists. I added traces but no real clue.

Could you provide tips and help ?

Thank you
William

3 REPLIES 3
FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

make sure that your new plan is not overlapping with existing plans (sometimes maintenance activities of backup/network) causes delays/deadlocks in refreshing data .

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous - I like @d_gosbell 's suggestion. If all else fails, You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Probably the best place to start looking is the PBIRS log files. By default these are normally stored in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\LogFiles. There are different files for the different components in PBIRS - I would probably start looking in the recent RSPowerBI_* files or the ReportingServicesService_* files. You will hopefully find some error messages that will give you more information on what is failing. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.