Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DanduMani104
Helper III
Helper III

power quey advanced editer

DanduMani104_0-1694780805678.png

I extracted data from the SharePoint and imported into power bi desktop but name of the files are same but but number before files are changing weekly ,I want set a body for that prefixes names for data refresh purpose .so how we set body of a power query advanced editor for power bi for SharePoint folder files.

can you people help me out of this ,what code should I use to fix the changing of prefixes names .can you tell me the code.

3 REPLIES 3
DanduMani104
Helper III
Helper III

I extracted data from the SharePoint and imported into power bi desktop but name of the files are same but but number before files are changing weekly , I want get refresh latest file that added to the folder recently,I want to see latest data in my report. How Can I do It .can you please tell me.

can you people help me out of this .

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DanduMani104 ,

One way is to get the data source using dynamic parameters.

Create a parameter for your file name and filter with the parameter. Please refer to

Solved: Dynamic Data Source based on parameter - Microsoft Fabric Community

Here's an example, create a parameter and replace the original file name with the parameter created. Next time you only need to modify the parameters, without modifying the code.

vstephenmsft_0-1695019391780.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

I extracted data from the SharePoint and imported into power bi desktop but name of the files are same but but number before files are changing weekly ,I want set a body for that prefixes names for data refresh purpose but I want get refresh latest file that added to the folder recently,I want to see latest data in my report. How Can I do It .can you please tell me

can you people help me out of this ,what code should I use to fix the changing of prefixes names .can you tell me the code.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors