Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DanduMani104
Helper III
Helper III

power quey advanced editer

DanduMani104_0-1694780805678.png

I extracted data from the SharePoint and imported into power bi desktop but name of the files are same but but number before files are changing weekly ,I want set a body for that prefixes names for data refresh purpose .so how we set body of a power query advanced editor for power bi for SharePoint folder files.

can you people help me out of this ,what code should I use to fix the changing of prefixes names .can you tell me the code.

3 REPLIES 3
DanduMani104
Helper III
Helper III

I extracted data from the SharePoint and imported into power bi desktop but name of the files are same but but number before files are changing weekly , I want get refresh latest file that added to the folder recently,I want to see latest data in my report. How Can I do It .can you please tell me.

can you people help me out of this .

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DanduMani104 ,

One way is to get the data source using dynamic parameters.

Create a parameter for your file name and filter with the parameter. Please refer to

Solved: Dynamic Data Source based on parameter - Microsoft Fabric Community

Here's an example, create a parameter and replace the original file name with the parameter created. Next time you only need to modify the parameters, without modifying the code.

vstephenmsft_0-1695019391780.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

I extracted data from the SharePoint and imported into power bi desktop but name of the files are same but but number before files are changing weekly ,I want set a body for that prefixes names for data refresh purpose but I want get refresh latest file that added to the folder recently,I want to see latest data in my report. How Can I do It .can you please tell me

can you people help me out of this ,what code should I use to fix the changing of prefixes names .can you tell me the code.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors