Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gmunker
Regular Visitor

Filter with a disconnected slicer

I am pulling the computer data from my active directory, this includes the "distinguishedName" column that has all the containers the device is part of. I then created a sepreate source that is a list of all the top level containers in AD. 

I created a slicer from the top level containers, and would like to use that value in my visuals in the dashboard to narrow down which container i want the data from. The issue is the distinguishedName column is all the containers in the OU, so i am trying to run a "CONTAINS" the value of the slicer, and cannot figure out how to grab the value from the slicer to use on all the pages. If i manually run an advanced filter on distinguishedName with contains "Container Name" it works perfect, but i want "Container Name" to come from the slicer. 

Is something like this even possible? I am able to see the value of the slicer in "Filters and Slicers effecting this visual", but dont know how to grab that value! 

Thank you i advance for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
rohit_singh
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Gmunker ,

Please refer to my solution here :
Solved: Re: Disconnected Slicer to slice a table - Microsoft Power BI Community

Kind regards,

Rohit

Please mark this answer as the solution if it resolves your issue.
Appreciate your kudos! 😊

v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Gmunker ,

Slicer is a visual lever filter,if you want it can be worked on pages,check  Sync slicer:

vkellymsft_0-1623895639812.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-slicers

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors