cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gmunker

Filter with a disconnected slicer

I am pulling the computer data from my active directory, this includes the "distinguishedName" column that has all the containers the device is part of. I then created a sepreate source that is a list of all the top level containers in AD. 

I created a slicer from the top level containers, and would like to use that value in my visuals in the dashboard to narrow down which container i want the data from. The issue is the distinguishedName column is all the containers in the OU, so i am trying to run a "CONTAINS" the value of the slicer, and cannot figure out how to grab the value from the slicer to use on all the pages. If i manually run an advanced filter on distinguishedName with contains "Container Name" it works perfect, but i want "Container Name" to come from the slicer. 

Is something like this even possible? I am able to see the value of the slicer in "Filters and Slicers effecting this visual", but dont know how to grab that value! 

Thank you i advance for your help!

1 REPLY 1
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Gmunker ,

Slicer is a visual lever filter,if you want it can be worked on pages,check  Sync slicer:

vkellymsft_0-1623895639812.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-slicers

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Power BI Dev Camp - September 30th, 2021

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Kudoed Authors