Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Currency Help

Hello PBI Expert,

I have a report with parameters for sales, profit,.. And all are known as Vietnam Dong.

I want to convert VND to USD and vice versa with a slicer.

My problem is that all my tables have no information about currency or table about currency.

So should I create a table about currency then merge it into the main table or is there a way to do it?

Looking forward to the help.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
collinsg
Super User
Super User

Good day KayzDo,

In this example I started with the sample semantic model available in Power BI Desktop, which has a single table "financials".

The procedure is as you suggest. Create a currency table. This can either be "by hand" or from an online source. Do not create a relationship between this table and "financials" - in other words it is a "disconnected" table.

collinsg_0-1705565745935.png

Create a slicer visual for the Currency column of this table (configure it for single selection, just to be "tidy")

collinsg_1-1705565919665.png

Now create a measure

Sum of Sales = SUM(financials[ Sales]) * SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Conversion Factor])

When you place this measure in a visual it will use the currency you have selected.

collinsg_2-1705566026625.png

collinsg_3-1705566038553.png

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I'm appreciate it.

Thank a lot, it very helpful!

collinsg
Super User
Super User

Good day KayzDo,

In this example I started with the sample semantic model available in Power BI Desktop, which has a single table "financials".

The procedure is as you suggest. Create a currency table. This can either be "by hand" or from an online source. Do not create a relationship between this table and "financials" - in other words it is a "disconnected" table.

collinsg_0-1705565745935.png

Create a slicer visual for the Currency column of this table (configure it for single selection, just to be "tidy")

collinsg_1-1705565919665.png

Now create a measure

Sum of Sales = SUM(financials[ Sales]) * SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Conversion Factor])

When you place this measure in a visual it will use the currency you have selected.

collinsg_2-1705566026625.png

collinsg_3-1705566038553.png

Hope this helps

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors