Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Deware80

Azure Machine Learning Column Recognition

Hello,

I am new to Azure machine learning, but have been going through their Auto ML tutorials, and have trained and deployed a few models - in partiuclar time series forecasting models.  However, when I try to access the models within Power BI Desktop to run predictions on tables, the models do not seem to be automativally detecting the columns as I expected, or have seen in some posts online

Example is below in screenshots:

I've updated the date column in my dataset to a "Date/Time" column as mentioned in tutorials, and it makes no difference in automatic column detection.

What I currently see in Power BI Desktop, it is leading errors in the output of the model prediction:

Deware80_0-1638652380184.png

Below is what I expected to see based on the trained model and tutorials online - auto detected columns so the model can make predictions - below is a time series demand model as well from Azure Machine learning:

Deware80_1-1638652517458.png

It feels like I am missing a very simple step, but it is hard to find full tutorials online for time series specific models that go from training and deploying, to connection in Power BI - specfically for time series models.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Deware80 ,

You may refer to this video tutorial :Azure Machine Learning with Power BI [BI to AI Acceleration]

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-eqin-msft for the response.

Unforeunately, whil the video is insightful - it still does provide an walkthrough for Auto ML time series models - and connecting them successfully to a Power BI dataset for future forecasts.

That's the step I seem to be struggling with, specififcally to Times Series models - Power Query is not picking up the columns automatically that were used in Azure ML.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors