Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Deware80

Azure Machine Learning Column Recognition

Hello,

I am new to Azure machine learning, but have been going through their Auto ML tutorials, and have trained and deployed a few models - in partiuclar time series forecasting models.  However, when I try to access the models within Power BI Desktop to run predictions on tables, the models do not seem to be automativally detecting the columns as I expected, or have seen in some posts online

Example is below in screenshots:

I've updated the date column in my dataset to a "Date/Time" column as mentioned in tutorials, and it makes no difference in automatic column detection.

What I currently see in Power BI Desktop, it is leading errors in the output of the model prediction:

Deware80_0-1638652380184.png

Below is what I expected to see based on the trained model and tutorials online - auto detected columns so the model can make predictions - below is a time series demand model as well from Azure Machine learning:

Deware80_1-1638652517458.png

It feels like I am missing a very simple step, but it is hard to find full tutorials online for time series specific models that go from training and deploying, to connection in Power BI - specfically for time series models.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Deware80 ,

You may refer to this video tutorial :Azure Machine Learning with Power BI [BI to AI Acceleration]

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-eqin-msft for the response.

Unforeunately, whil the video is insightful - it still does provide an walkthrough for Auto ML time series models - and connecting them successfully to a Power BI dataset for future forecasts.

That's the step I seem to be struggling with, specififcally to Times Series models - Power Query is not picking up the columns automatically that were used in Azure ML.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors