Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Powerbiuser77
Frequent Visitor

Append and merge tables in R How?

Hi,

I have on a server PDF-documents. I upload them one by one from my desktop in Power Bi under New Source to power query. For every single PDF-document I get three tables. My intention:

Step 1:
How do I automatically upload these PDF- documents with a link to SQL-Server - and how do I automatically extract the PDF-documents into tables? All in R-Script.

Step 2:
I want to append all three tables into R-Script in a new master table. So far I have solved it in this way see link. Step 2 should also be done for the other PDF-documents.

Step 3:
The tables of the individual PDF-documents should now be further merged into the master table in R-Script as in the following link.

The goal is to use R-Script to create a master table from several PDF documents as in the picture

Can anyone help me

Master und Tablles.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Powerbiuser77 ,

Based on my research, it is not supported yet to merget visuals in power bicurrently. You can come up a new idea about that you can vote it up to make this feature coming sooner.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi Frank,

I do not want to merge visuals. Step 1 and 2 are tables that I extract from PDF documents. I want to append and merge tables in R script.

The example in the link shows that it is possible to merge tables with R-script.

Primarily I want to realize Step 2 and 3 together in an R code

Thanks for your support

Hallo everybody,

with the help of this link I have solved step 2 and 3. 

For step 2 I used the following R code:
cbind(df1, df2)

and for step 3, I have used the following R code:
rbind(df1, df2)

Can anyone confirm that everything was right up to here.

My main goal is to continue to do steps 1 through 3 in a R code.

Can someone help?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors