Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SHOOKANSON
Advocate I
Advocate I

How do I customize this function??

Hi all!

I am not a very advanced Power BI user and I am running into an issue. My report user wants a specific field from our application pulled into a Power BI report. "Great...I can do that easily," I thought. Turns out the field is a function which is not something I have ever dealt with before. This is what shows in Power Query Editor:

2019-08-01_13-54-21.jpg

How do I get this to show as a table? Basically this is a function for the next date of inspection for a piece of equipment. Obviously I want the next due date autmatically calculated for each piece of equipment, but how do I put in data fields and not static values? I am very confused. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nolock
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @SHOOKANSON,

the simples method is the following:

1. Fill out some static values.
  2. Click on Invoke. - pic1
  3. Now you see a new query among Queries on the left hand site: Invoked Function
  4. Click on the new query, go to the tab Home and click on the Advanced Editor.
  5. You see the invocation with all parameters. -pic2
  6. Copy the invocation from the query and use it whereever you need with new parameters. -pic 3

pic1pic1pic2pic2

Capture3.PNG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Nolock
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @SHOOKANSON,

the simples method is the following:

1. Fill out some static values.
  2. Click on Invoke. - pic1
  3. Now you see a new query among Queries on the left hand site: Invoked Function
  4. Click on the new query, go to the tab Home and click on the Advanced Editor.
  5. You see the invocation with all parameters. -pic2
  6. Copy the invocation from the query and use it whereever you need with new parameters. -pic 3

pic1pic1pic2pic2

Capture3.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power BI Dev Camp Session 23 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, June 30 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!

June 20 episode 7 with aka link 768x460.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Join us on June 20 at 11 am PDT when Kim Manis shares the latest on Azure Synapse analytics, the Microsoft Intelligent Data Platform, and notable Power BI Updates from Microsoft Build 2022.

Top Solution Authors