Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

biware
Regular Visitor

install on premise data gateway non admin user

Hi everyone,  We are trying to develop a cloud reporting application for our cutomers using Powerbi Embedded and I'm wondering if is possible for our customer to install on-premise data gateway with a non admin user.

I try to explain better.

Each customers has an on-premise sql server database and the idea is to allow customers to install the on-premise data gateway and connect it to azure on their own with a user who is not a powerbi administrator (of course we cannot share our admin credential with all customers). That user shoul be just able to connect the on-premise data gataway to azure but not allowed to connect to poewerbi as administrator or to login in the azure portal.

We also investigated the possibility of customizing the on-premise gateway setup but it seems not possible.

Thanks all,

1 REPLY 1
fabiuzz
Frequent Visitor

Same issue...

In case of distribuited datasources and centralized service with PBI Embedded, every single customer should have a way to register his own data gateway, without any knowledge of back-office engine (azure portal).

At least he should have a specific credential able to connect the on-premise data gateway and nothing more.

Does anyone know how can I solve that?

Thanks,

Fabio

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.