Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

shashank
Helper III
Helper III

deployment strategies....

hi everyone,

we need to deploy power bi reports/dashboards in multiple sceneario , any suggestion/reference material would help us in making decision

1- report is developed by person from company x and same would be used be people working in company y

2-with in company report must be used/accessed by 10 predefined peole only

3-with in company report must be used/accessed by whole organization having 2000 peole

wanted to check if we generate a public sharing link using pro license software then restrict the access of that dashboard using microsite is there any challanges  ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I believe the method you outlined effectively works around the licensing model of Power BI. If it does not, it would be something buried in the terms and conditions. I'm not a lawyer however and do not play one on TV.

The ability of sharing a public link comes with inherent security risks because if anyone gets ahold of the link, they can view the report. Just because you wrap it in a micro-site does not actually make it secure, technically.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

That seems like a workable solution. Everything you are discussing can be done using Apps and Azure B2B natively though.

Latest book!:

what i wanted to understand in scenario shared by me what licensing model will work perfectly and if we create a public link using pro license then restrict access of that dashboard using microsite is there any legal restictions from microsoft side

I believe the method you outlined effectively works around the licensing model of Power BI. If it does not, it would be something buried in the terms and conditions. I'm not a lawyer however and do not play one on TV.

The ability of sharing a public link comes with inherent security risks because if anyone gets ahold of the link, they can view the report. Just because you wrap it in a micro-site does not actually make it secure, technically.

Latest book!:

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.