Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shashank
Helper III
Helper III

deployment strategies....

hi everyone,

we need to deploy power bi reports/dashboards in multiple sceneario , any suggestion/reference material would help us in making decision

1- report is developed by person from company x and same would be used be people working in company y

2-with in company report must be used/accessed by 10 predefined peole only

3-with in company report must be used/accessed by whole organization having 2000 peole

wanted to check if we generate a public sharing link using pro license software then restrict the access of that dashboard using microsite is there any challanges  ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I believe the method you outlined effectively works around the licensing model of Power BI. If it does not, it would be something buried in the terms and conditions. I'm not a lawyer however and do not play one on TV.

The ability of sharing a public link comes with inherent security risks because if anyone gets ahold of the link, they can view the report. Just because you wrap it in a micro-site does not actually make it secure, technically.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

That seems like a workable solution. Everything you are discussing can be done using Apps and Azure B2B natively though.

Latest book!:

what i wanted to understand in scenario shared by me what licensing model will work perfectly and if we create a public link using pro license then restrict access of that dashboard using microsite is there any legal restictions from microsoft side

I believe the method you outlined effectively works around the licensing model of Power BI. If it does not, it would be something buried in the terms and conditions. I'm not a lawyer however and do not play one on TV.

The ability of sharing a public link comes with inherent security risks because if anyone gets ahold of the link, they can view the report. Just because you wrap it in a micro-site does not actually make it secure, technically.

Latest book!:

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.