Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

rvmillett

Workspace Intra-Tenant Migration Scripts

I recently wrapped up a PowerBi project in which PowerBi development was done on my company's tenant and subsequently deployed to a customers tenant. I found that deployment of PowerBi workspaces from one tenant to another was not quite straigtforward, so I a wrote  a series of powershell scripts to work around the pain points and achieve consistant error-free outcomes.

Another significant challenge is I did not have access to the production environment and the updates needed to be applied by someone with very little experience with Power Bi. I had to write the scripts to make the deployment as seamless and error free as possible.

I've seen similar challenges in the community so I thought it might be helpful to share the fruits of my labor with the rest of the Power Bi Community.

The scripts are availabe via github @ 74bravo/PowerBi-Workspace-Intra-Tenant-Migration-Scripts: Power Shell Scripts for supporting Intra-T...

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Ryan

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @rvmillett,

Thank for your sharing. I think these contents will be help other who faced the similar requirements.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.