cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

PNG image exported by ExportTo REST API is small/blurred

I'm using the 'Reports - Export To File' API (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/reports/exporttofile) to produce a PNG of a report.

The resulting PNG is so small (378 x 548) and blurred that the report isn't useable.

Can anyone tell me how to get a larger/sharper image?

(EDIT - When using ExportTo to export to PDF, the PDF comes out perfectly - the right size and nice and sharp).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: PNG image exported by ExportTo REST API is small/blurred

Hi @latearrival ,

It can see either in desktop or service, check it in deskto: "View" - “Page View"

10.jpg

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @latearrival ,

What is the size of page? It seems does not the common 16:9 or 4:3, does there any custom height and width applied? we test with  a 16:9 page and it return a 1280*740 PNG different, does this page is set as "Actual Size"?

5.jpg

Update : We try to use the Actual Size and get similar result as yours, could you please try if it can export as desire when set "fit page"?

6.jpg

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @v-lid-msft 

In desktop, my page size is set to Custom: 746 width x 1056 height. This is an A4 ratio.

I'm new to Power BI, where do I set "Fit to page", please? Is this a desktop or an app.powerbi.com setting?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @latearrival ,

It can see either in desktop or service, check it in deskto: "View" - “Page View"

10.jpg

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Changing View to 'Fit to Page' worked. Thank you!

Do you think this is a bug? It seems strange that a 'View' setting should impact the size of the export PNG.  Exporting to PDF worked perfectly when the View was set to 'Actual Size'.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @latearrival ,

It is a strange behaviour, because actual size seems should output the same size, we will confirm if it is an issue later.

Does the export to PDF work when set as "Fit to page" on your side?

Best regards,

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

ExportTo PDF

- OK when View is 'Fit to Page'.

- OK when View is 'Actual Size'

ExportTo PNG:

- OK when View is 'Fit to Page'.

- Too small when View is 'Actual Size'

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @latearrival ,

A fix is deploied few days ago, you can verify it now.

Best Regards,

Dong Li

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Wondering what events you could join or have an event to promote yourself? Check out our Upcoming Events.

Community Summit Australia – Join Online!

Community Summit Australia – Join Online!

Be a part of the leading Microsoft Business Applications digital event, curated for the APAC community.