Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

latearrival
Advocate I
Advocate I

PNG image exported by ExportTo REST API is small/blurred

I'm using the 'Reports - Export To File' API (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/reports/exporttofile) to produce a PNG of a report.

The resulting PNG is so small (378 x 548) and blurred that the report isn't useable.

Can anyone tell me how to get a larger/sharper image?

(EDIT - When using ExportTo to export to PDF, the PDF comes out perfectly - the right size and nice and sharp).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @latearrival ,

It can see either in desktop or service, check it in deskto: "View" - “Page View"

10.jpg

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @latearrival ,

What is the size of page? It seems does not the common 16:9 or 4:3, does there any custom height and width applied? we test with  a 16:9 page and it return a 1280*740 PNG different, does this page is set as "Actual Size"?

5.jpg

Update : We try to use the Actual Size and get similar result as yours, could you please try if it can export as desire when set "fit page"?

6.jpg

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

can you share code or any help. i am also trying to export to image, but no success. I have followed powerbi documentations but no luck. I m getting entire report. i just need single page.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/reports/export-to-file

I'm sorry, but I don't think I can help. The report we're exporting to PNG is a single page report.

Hi @v-lid-msft 

In desktop, my page size is set to Custom: 746 width x 1056 height. This is an A4 ratio.

I'm new to Power BI, where do I set "Fit to page", please? Is this a desktop or an app.powerbi.com setting?

Hi @latearrival ,

It can see either in desktop or service, check it in deskto: "View" - “Page View"

10.jpg

Best regards,

Changing View to 'Fit to Page' worked. Thank you!

Do you think this is a bug? It seems strange that a 'View' setting should impact the size of the export PNG.  Exporting to PDF worked perfectly when the View was set to 'Actual Size'.

Hi @latearrival ,

It is a strange behaviour, because actual size seems should output the same size, we will confirm if it is an issue later.

Does the export to PDF work when set as "Fit to page" on your side?

Best regards,

ExportTo PDF

- OK when View is 'Fit to Page'.

- OK when View is 'Actual Size'

ExportTo PNG:

- OK when View is 'Fit to Page'.

- Too small when View is 'Actual Size'

Hi @latearrival ,

A fix is deploied few days ago, you can verify it now.

Best Regards,

Dong Li

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.