Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DeAnnaC

vertical graph visualization not displaying all "buckets"

I am using a vertical bar graph to display data into different "buckets".  The dax behind the table is correct as I can see what "buckets" the data is being sorted into on the table behind the graph.  However, while the visualization shows each "bucket", it is lumping the data into one "bucket" on the graph.  Any help is appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@DeAnnaC ,The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

Appreciate your Kudos.

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @DeAnnaC ,

unfortunately I can't answer the question, as some important information is missing.

How is the bucket calculated, or is it a base column, etc.

This can happen, if some implicit filter weaving their magic on the visual that is not present at the table.

Please consider creating a pbix with some sample data, that still reflects your data model. Upload the pbix to onedrive or dropbox and share the link. If you are creating the sample data using an xlsx, share this file as well.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Bucket (bin) is being created using Dax  [as calculated Column], which is categorizing based on underlying 5 different base columns/fields.

There is another Dimension Table used to populate all the categories/bin values.

The binning correctly categorizes the values and displays correct Bin/Category Name when seen on the ‘Table viz’, but doesn’t work on Bar Graph.

Hi @DeAnnaC ,

You could provide some screenshots with comments here to explain the problem more clear.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.