Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jithinjoseph
Regular Visitor

Drill down from States to district in Power BI

Hi, I was mapping Sales Amount details for States in India. I wanted to drill down from State to district level. Is it possible to drill down from State to district in Power BI maps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@jithinjoseph

It should be possible to do it. Assuming we have a table which contains India State, District and Sales as below.

Drill down from States to district in Power BI_1.jpg

You can drag columns into Map visual, then click the drill down button as below.

Drill down from States to district in Power BI_2.jpgDrill down from States to district in Power BI_3.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@jithinjoseph

It should be possible to do it. Assuming we have a table which contains India State, District and Sales as below.

Drill down from States to district in Power BI_1.jpg

You can drag columns into Map visual, then click the drill down button as below.

Drill down from States to district in Power BI_2.jpgDrill down from States to district in Power BI_3.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

Hi Herbert,

Thanks for the reply.

I followed your steps for a sample population data and came up with the following:Bubble_State.png

But drill down using bubble maps was a cluster mess of bubbles:

Bubble_Distr.png

So I tried filled maps which looks much better. It looks much readable

Fill_State.png

Fill_State1.png

Thank you very much.

Hi

R u getting the right geographical boundries of Indian Districts in drill down at district level. 

I seems to getting it wrong in many cases. I think powerbi doesnt have inbuilt geoboundary for district. 

For state this data seems ok but not at district. 

Any insights will help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.