Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Analyst001
Frequent Visitor

removing items by adding a conditional line in the query

Hi There....I want to remove items from a column by adding a condition in the query....please help me how do I proceed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

You can add a filter steps using any of your current values and then modify using the pattern below.

= Table.SelectRows(#"Previous Step", each List.Contains({"CurrentItem", "FutureItem"}, [ColumnToFilter]) = false)

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Analyst001 

Your needs are not very clear, maybe you can provide some data or the results you want ?

I created a sample , you can refer to it

Original data:

Ailsa-msft_0-1620869043833.png

I want to remove the content of 2 from the content of 1 .

And add a custom column .

Ailsa-msft_1-1620869043836.png

Result=Text.Combine(List.RemoveItems(Text.Split([Column1],","),Text.Split([Column2],",")),",")

The effect is as shown:

Ailsa-msft_2-1620869043837.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

You can add a filter steps using any of your current values and then modify using the pattern below.

= Table.SelectRows(#"Previous Step", each List.Contains({"CurrentItem", "FutureItem"}, [ColumnToFilter]) = false)

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Portrek
Resolver III
Resolver III

You can just put filter in your columns e select the itens that you want or need. After the selection, load the table.

I cannot use filters as one item is from the list and one is coming in the future

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.