Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Witold
Frequent Visitor

"Dynamic" ajustable forecasting

Hi, I looking for way to make a great forecast of sales which is based on expenses (with the possibility to adjusting by "what if").

That what I'm looking for is 

1. Best forecast tool that would show me not only a forecast as the one in visual settings, but forecast could be:

- used with other dimensions

- could be adjustable by changing based values, for example, expanses

- be marked as forecast but also, have info about the accuracy of the forecast by showing the gap between real data (by the time) and forecasting one. 

2. A way to change forecast by "what if" funcion, including changing expances and ajust sales or promotions in selected data 

do you know some good tools to recive it or even some guides for it? 

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Witold 

If you have time data in your data source, maybe you can use the forecasting feature in PowerBI 'Analytics pane'.

Apply forecasting 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Hey, I try it as a first solution, unfortunately, it does not meet my expectations, it's impossible to drill down/drill-up. I cant work with this, it's impossible to convert that into the real dimension, and hence I cant put a for example percentage growth of forecast in case of... sometinhg.  Looking for other solutions 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.