Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sy898661
Helper V
Helper V

json file color theme help

Hello,

I am trying to create a new theme but cannot for the life of me figure out how to save as a json file. I do not have Notepad++, just regular notepad, and google does not seem to understand that when I type in my question so it is not helping. Would it be possible for someone to save this as a json file and send it to me? I'm not sure if forumns works that way but it was worth asking!

Thank you!!

{
    "name": "BMTheme",
    "dataColors": [
        "#a0a0a0",
        "#646464",
        "#02e56",
        "#353d98",
        "#0509c",
        "#a9218E",
        "#ee304e",
        "#f26631"
    ]
}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @sy898661,

Your custom theme doesn't necessarily have to be a json file as long as it's in a json format.

You can use Notepad and save it as a text file - it works fine. Just remember to change the file type in the file explorer when importing the custom theme so you can find the text file.

Import ThemeImport ThemeChange the file typeChange the file type

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @sy898661,

Your custom theme doesn't necessarily have to be a json file as long as it's in a json format.

You can use Notepad and save it as a text file - it works fine. Just remember to change the file type in the file explorer when importing the custom theme so you can find the text file.

Import ThemeImport ThemeChange the file typeChange the file type

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @sy898661,

Your json theme code has wrong color code, please modify these bold part as valid color code:

{
   "name":"BMTheme",
   "dataColors":[
      "#a0a0a0",
      "#646464",
      "#02e56",
      "#353d98",
      "#0509c",
      "#a9218E",
      "#ee304e",
      "#f26631"
   ]
}

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.