Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

everlena
Frequent Visitor

hide/unhide slicer based on a measure

Hi Guys,
I have just started my first little practise project in Power BI and I came across this problem - 

I need to hide a slicer (slicer_to_hide) based on user selection on other slicer (slicer_selection).
I know how to hide other visuals but with slicer it gets more complicated.
So this is a scenario:

1.  user selects values on slicer_selection
  2.  when certain values are selected a slicer_to_hide pops up.
  3.  now the user needs to select a value from slider_to_hide  -----> that's why I  can't use transparent card visual as a cover because then user won't be able to select from the slicer
  4. let's say that now a user changes values on slicer_selection in a way that criteria for a pop-up slicer are not met

and this is where problem is. The value that has been selected on the slicer_to_hide stays visible 

1.png2.png

I'll be grateful for any clues cause I have run out of ideas

Thanks,
everlena

PS I'm new here, I'm not sure how it works. I don't know how to post best

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @everlena ,

You create measure to determine if show the message, and display the measure in Card visual over your slicer chart.

Measure = IF(ISFILTERED(Table1[Yes/No]),"", "Need to choose a selection")

For reference:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Stacked-Column-chart/m-p/648754#M311066

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been trying to do something similar, and found no good solution, so I created an idea suggestion so maybe we can have this in the future, take a look and vote for it:
Hide/show visuals with measures - Microsoft Power BI Community

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @everlena ,

You create measure to determine if show the message, and display the measure in Card visual over your slicer chart.

Measure = IF(ISFILTERED(Table1[Yes/No]),"", "Need to choose a selection")

For reference:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Stacked-Column-chart/m-p/648754#M311066

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Amy,

Sorry for a late reply. If I understood you well this soultion won't work in my case.

Based on a chosen date in one of the slicers I want to hide or display a slicer showing option to choose yes/no. 

If I cover that yes/no slicer with a card visual I wouldn't be able to choose a value from that slicer because card visual will be in front. 
I don't really want to display any message. I want a slicer yes/no to show up when certain dates are chosen and I want it to be invisible in any other case. 

Kind regards,

Ewelina

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.