cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
drishya Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Stacked Column chart

How to show 'No Data' message in a Stacked Column chart when data is empty?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xicai Member

Re: Stacked Column chart

Hi drishya,

From your description, you would like to see a scenario when make some selection in other visual, message "No Data" is showed.

Based my sample data, create measure to determine if show the message, and display the measure in Card visual over Stacked column chart.

Measure = IF(ISBLANK(SUM(Table1[CourseID])),"No Data","")

For example, when choose Class3 in Slicer, you can see the message  "No Data" showing below picture.

Untitled picture.png

Here is my pbix test file link: https://qiuyunus-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/pbipro_qiuyunus_onmicrosoft_com/EUAP3R5S79dBn1OGaZ...

If you have any other issue, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Amy

3 REPLIES 3
v-xicai Member

Hi drishya,

From your description, you would like to see a scenario when make some selection in other visual, message "No Data" is showed.

Based my sample data, create measure to determine if show the message, and display the measure in Card visual over Stacked column chart.

Measure = IF(ISBLANK(SUM(Table1[CourseID])),"No Data","")

For example, when choose Class3 in Slicer, you can see the message  "No Data" showing below picture.

Untitled picture.png

Here is my pbix test file link: https://qiuyunus-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/pbipro_qiuyunus_onmicrosoft_com/EUAP3R5S79dBn1OGaZ...

Best Regards,

Amy

drishya Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @v-xicai 

v-xicai Member

Hi @drishya 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Amy