Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

error refreshing from live database

I made a dashboard using data from a SQL database.

I set up the dashboard so that it functions perfectly well. No errors in any calculations, etc.

When I refersh my ldata, my entire dashboard is in a mess. Errors show up where there were no errors previously. All my DAX generated tables fail due to errors. 

Works prior to refreshing:

Recent Scores = SUMMARIZE('Recent Score','Recent Score'[LOCALE],"% Of 3's",ROUND(100*COUNTROWS(filter('Recent Score','Recent Score'[Score]=3))/COUNT('Recent Score'[LOCALE]),1))

- "An argument of function 'ROUND' has the wrong data type or the result is too large or too small." - this occurs to 10 DAX tables when which aggregate the main table

The odd thing, is previously it worked with no problems.

Any suggestions are very welcome

3 REPLIES 3
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI, @Anonymous

Try to make it like this ROUND(IFERROR(...,0))

Recent Scores =
SUMMARIZE (
    'Recent Score',
    'Recent Score'[LOCALE],
    "% Of 3's", ROUND (
        IFERROR (
                * COUNTROWS ( FILTER ( 'Recent Score', 'Recent Score'[Score] = 3 ) )
                / COUNT ( 'Recent Score'[LOCALE] ),
        ),
    )
)

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-lili6-msft  Hey why does wrapping this in an iferror resolve the issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.