Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Satish_Kumar
Helper V
Helper V

error in join

error1.pngtab1.pngtab22.png

8 REPLIES 8
LaurentCouartou
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

It looks like both tables in your CROSSJOIN have a column named 'No_'.

This is not allowed, because the returned tables would have two columns with the same name.

Try to restrict the number of columns that participate in the CROSSJOIN operation with a GROUPBY / SUMMARIZE or use SELECTCOLUMNS to rename some columns.

LuisQuedas
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi Satish,

Do this two tables already have a bidirectional relationship between them? if so, try to remove that bidirectional relationship and try the crossjoin again.

Cheers, Luis

@LuisQuedas Nothing Changes it is showing same error.

@Satish_Kumar

As the error message said, "No_" column exists in both tables. When using CROSSJOIN() function, column names from table arguments must all be different in all tables or an error is returned. Otherwise it can't do Cartesian. Please verify the columns in both tables. If both contains "No_" columns, you can join these to tables using "Merge Queries" in Query Editor.

66.PNG

Regards,

Satish_Kumar
Helper V
Helper V

error1.pngtab1.pngtab22.png

Satish_Kumar
Helper V
Helper V

Error while Cross JoinError while Cross JoinTable oneTable oneTable twoTable two

Hi Satish,

Can you please repost the screenshots. I can not see anything in the screenshots.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

@BhaveshPatel i already posted the new screen shot.

with new post "Error in Join" just a few seconds earlier.

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.