Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mromanel
Regular Visitor

creating a table where the values are results of aggregate calculations of columns from other tables

Let's say I have Table 1, which has 10 columns, and multiple rows.  I also have Table 2, which has 8 columns, and 1 row.  

I want to create a Table 3, such that the value at Row 1 Column 1 in Table 3 would be: ('the aggregate maximum of Column 3 in Table 1' divided by 'the value of Row 1 Column 1 in Table 2' (or 'the aggregate sum of Column 1 in Table 2', which would amount to the same thing)).

Then, the next value, at Row 2 Column 1 in Table 3, would be: ('the aggregate maximum of Column 4 in Table 1' divided by 'the aggregate sum of Column 2 in Table 2).

And so on, until we've gotten to Column 10 in Table 1 and Column 8 in Table 2.  

The reason I want it done like this is because I want to make a conditionally formatted matrix visual of Table 3, which I can then go back and filter based on those first two unused columns in Table 1.  So, this would have to be done such that filtering based on Table 1 would actively update the contents of Table 3.  

Also, I'm not sure it makes a difference for the question here, but there are actually about 1000 columns in Tables 1 & 2.

Is this possible?  Or, is there a better way to do what I am envisioning here?  

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mromanel ,

The calculation logic seems a bit complicated. I doubt this can be down in Power BI.

Anyway, it's better to share some sample data so that we can try for it.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.