Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mromanel
Regular Visitor

creating a table where the values are results of aggregate calculations of columns from other tables

Let's say I have Table 1, which has 10 columns, and multiple rows.  I also have Table 2, which has 8 columns, and 1 row.  

I want to create a Table 3, such that the value at Row 1 Column 1 in Table 3 would be: ('the aggregate maximum of Column 3 in Table 1' divided by 'the value of Row 1 Column 1 in Table 2' (or 'the aggregate sum of Column 1 in Table 2', which would amount to the same thing)).

Then, the next value, at Row 2 Column 1 in Table 3, would be: ('the aggregate maximum of Column 4 in Table 1' divided by 'the aggregate sum of Column 2 in Table 2).

And so on, until we've gotten to Column 10 in Table 1 and Column 8 in Table 2.  

The reason I want it done like this is because I want to make a conditionally formatted matrix visual of Table 3, which I can then go back and filter based on those first two unused columns in Table 1.  So, this would have to be done such that filtering based on Table 1 would actively update the contents of Table 3.  

Also, I'm not sure it makes a difference for the question here, but there are actually about 1000 columns in Tables 1 & 2.

Is this possible?  Or, is there a better way to do what I am envisioning here?  

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mromanel ,

The calculation logic seems a bit complicated. I doubt this can be down in Power BI.

Anyway, it's better to share some sample data so that we can try for it.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.