Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

uniqum47
Frequent Visitor

When slicer is not chosen show same visuals from different tables

Hi, long shot but I thought I ask.

I have a number of disciptivie statistics (age,  state, gender etc; total ~8 visuals) that are filtered by Provider. This model works perfectly fine. But then product owner wants to see all same demographics nationally, independent of provider, things got complicated. Long story short - Without provider same demogaphics need to come from different tables, there is no other way. 

Is there a way that when Provider is not chosen (nothing is on slicer) =  show 8 demographics visuals from Tables of Group b (8 tabels linked), when slicer is chosen - show tables from Group a (another 8 tables linked, but not linked with Group b). All on one page. 

I thought of creating a different tab on visuals, but then it will require explanation why there are 2 tabs... to avoid it - I just wanted Group A of tables to be triggered only when slicer of Provider is chosen.

I feel like there is an easy fix, but no luck so far.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @uniqum47 ,

Without data is dificullt to give you the correct answer but maybe using the syntax HASONEFILTER on the provider you can make a measure that picks up values from different tables something similar to:

Demographics = IF(
HASONEFILTER(Table[Provider]),
SUM(Table1[Column1]), 
SUM(Table2[Column1])
)

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @uniqum47 ,

Without data is dificullt to give you the correct answer but maybe using the syntax HASONEFILTER on the provider you can make a measure that picks up values from different tables something similar to:

Demographics = IF(
HASONEFILTER(Table[Provider]),
SUM(Table1[Column1]), 
SUM(Table2[Column1])
)

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.