Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

uniqum47
Frequent Visitor

When slicer is not chosen show same visuals from different tables

Hi, long shot but I thought I ask.

I have a number of disciptivie statistics (age,  state, gender etc; total ~8 visuals) that are filtered by Provider. This model works perfectly fine. But then product owner wants to see all same demographics nationally, independent of provider, things got complicated. Long story short - Without provider same demogaphics need to come from different tables, there is no other way. 

Is there a way that when Provider is not chosen (nothing is on slicer) =  show 8 demographics visuals from Tables of Group b (8 tabels linked), when slicer is chosen - show tables from Group a (another 8 tables linked, but not linked with Group b). All on one page. 

I thought of creating a different tab on visuals, but then it will require explanation why there are 2 tabs... to avoid it - I just wanted Group A of tables to be triggered only when slicer of Provider is chosen.

I feel like there is an easy fix, but no luck so far.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @uniqum47 ,

Without data is dificullt to give you the correct answer but maybe using the syntax HASONEFILTER on the provider you can make a measure that picks up values from different tables something similar to:

Demographics = IF(
HASONEFILTER(Table[Provider]),
SUM(Table1[Column1]), 
SUM(Table2[Column1])
)

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @uniqum47 ,

Without data is dificullt to give you the correct answer but maybe using the syntax HASONEFILTER on the provider you can make a measure that picks up values from different tables something similar to:

Demographics = IF(
HASONEFILTER(Table[Provider]),
SUM(Table1[Column1]), 
SUM(Table2[Column1])
)

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.