Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PB797

Week Over Week Formula

Hello, 

I'm new to PowerBI and need help creating a visualizer for a Week Over Week Trend. The data i'm working with currently doesn't have entries tied to the week they land in just a timestamp of the date and time the adjustments were issued to the account. I am only working with Data from 2022-01-01 forward. 

Thanks in Advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Check your data model wiring. The same number in all rows usually indicates a wiring fault.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PB797

Thanks for the responses, I think I figured out the WoW part but the credit amounts appear to just only reflect the total for the year instead of only the weekly amounts issued. 

PB797_0-1660078882953.png

Check your data model wiring. The same number in all rows usually indicates a wiring fault.

you were right of course! Any idea on how to add a column that shows the change delta?

PB797_0-1660085009796.png

Are you sure you want a column? That is immutable. Usually you would use measures for period over period. Check out the quick measures.

Ethan96
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi, @PB797 

You can check this link about a similar topic if it helps.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Week-over-Week-Change/m-p/243318

Regards,
Eason
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Include a calendar table in your data model.  Include a week number column in your calendar table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.