Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PB797

Week Over Week Formula

Hello, 

I'm new to PowerBI and need help creating a visualizer for a Week Over Week Trend. The data i'm working with currently doesn't have entries tied to the week they land in just a timestamp of the date and time the adjustments were issued to the account. I am only working with Data from 2022-01-01 forward. 

Thanks in Advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Check your data model wiring. The same number in all rows usually indicates a wiring fault.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PB797

Thanks for the responses, I think I figured out the WoW part but the credit amounts appear to just only reflect the total for the year instead of only the weekly amounts issued. 

PB797_0-1660078882953.png

Check your data model wiring. The same number in all rows usually indicates a wiring fault.

you were right of course! Any idea on how to add a column that shows the change delta?

PB797_0-1660085009796.png

Are you sure you want a column? That is immutable. Usually you would use measures for period over period. Check out the quick measures.

Ethan96
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi, @PB797 

You can check this link about a similar topic if it helps.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Week-over-Week-Change/m-p/243318

Regards,
Eason
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Include a calendar table in your data model.  Include a week number column in your calendar table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.