Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Zneta
Regular Visitor

Waterfall Diagramm stuck on sum and not using actual values

Hi everybody,

i konw the title sucks but im stuck on a really simple problem that i somehow cant fix.

I have done quite a few bar charts in PowerBi but now Im stuck with the Waterfall chart.

I am using the Ultimate Waterfall added visual, because i cant get the standard waterfall visual to work at all (also propably a simple mistake).

Anyways heres my situation:

I have 8 different machines with different names (inserted into Category)

Each of these machines have 3 different types of values (as seen in the picture as 1,2 and 3).

the Values 1,2 and 3 are all formatted as numers like (0.9, 0.23, 0.2633, 1.234) and so on.

Somehow the waterfall chart only shows the sumof these values (or if i change it to count it only shows the values as 1). I cant figure out how to display the actual numbers per machine per "value category".

In the end every machine should have 3 bars that slowly add their numbers to the black total on the right. What am i doing wrong?

Also i would change my PowerBi to english to better show you the problem but how do i change the language?

I know this description is propably really bad but i dont know how to explain it better at this point.

Capture5.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Zneta
Regular Visitor

This is sadly not what i am looking for. My Data is formatted as seen in the picture. But in the Waterfall diagram i only have the option to show the count of it. So yes the Machine 2 has 1 column value ([A] Duration) of 0.04972. But i dont want the Waterfall diagramm to show "1" but instead "0.04972"

Capture7.JPG

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Zneta ,

You can click on Format - Visual - Column labels.

vyangliumsft_0-1715234809968.png

Select the Data Unit you want to display:

vyangliumsft_1-1715234809969.png

vyangliumsft_2-1715234821253.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.