Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ANonEMouse
Regular Visitor

Want selected option of a slicer/filter to get pinned to the top of the slicer visual

The dashboard I'm working on uses a slicer visual called 'Client Code' to sort the other visuals. This slicer is on multiple tabs/pages, but slicers are not synced and do not need to be synced.

The issue is that there are so many client codes to select that:

users may forget - or not be able to tell without scrolling for a while - that they have made a selection on the client code slicer. 

I have toggled on the search option so client codes are easier to find.
I also am aware that users can clear their selections - some users just dont have the familiarity with the program so I have considered providing documentation on this to them for the timebeing. 

*Is there a way to pin the selected option for a slicer (in this case pinning a selected client code) to the top of the list/slicer?* 

For futher context I did previously find a solution using a measure which displays which client code has been selected for the tab/page:

-

Filter Selected Client Code =
IF (
    ISCROSSFILTERED( 'Table Name' ),
    CONCATENATEX ( FILTERS ( 'Table Name'[Client Code] ), 'Table Name'[Client Code], ", " ),
    "Not selected"
)
-

However, this slows down performance so I would like to remove this measure from the model if possible. 

Thanks in advance, 

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Use a card visual to indicate the current slicer selection.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.