Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

View Records In A Table

Was there any plans to have the option to view records via a table?

The latest update to view records via data points is awesome and I've used that as a workaround for the time being.

4 REPLIES 4
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous Can you specify more detail? In table you already see records.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure. 

At the moment I've got what you might refer to as a summary table:

Sale Volume

Product 1        3

Product 2        4

Product 3        12

(I hope the formatting comes out how it looks in the editor).

But in the above example, I'd like to be able to click on (4) and see what the colour / sale price (full row details) of that data subset. It would be simliar to in Excel where you'd have a PivotTable and double click on one of the numbers and it would show you the full dataset relating to it. 

I hope I've been able to explain that a bit better.

@Anonymous Using table visual you can click on Don't summarize on values and that will give you all the rows ( i think you already know that). If you'r after summary value and row level value both together you will have to use two seperate visuals. I am currently using column chart and then table visual underneath to show all the rows for the column user select on column chart. I dont think it is possible to hyperlink value and then drill down from it currently in a table visual.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, the 'Don't Summarize' option on the values doesn't give the level of detail I'd need for a partifular sub-set unfortunately but you're right I'm having to use two different visuals as a workaround. I've got the table so the data can be interpreted as well as the column chart so you can drill down and view sub-sets of the records. It was just more from an end user perspective where they've previously been trained to double click on values in a pivot table to bring up the sub-set where as now they need to click on chart / data point to get what they're after. 

Hopefully this idea would be considered as future functionality?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.