Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

View Records In A Table

Was there any plans to have the option to view records via a table?

The latest update to view records via data points is awesome and I've used that as a workaround for the time being.

4 REPLIES 4
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous Can you specify more detail? In table you already see records.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure. 

At the moment I've got what you might refer to as a summary table:

Sale Volume

Product 1        3

Product 2        4

Product 3        12

(I hope the formatting comes out how it looks in the editor).

But in the above example, I'd like to be able to click on (4) and see what the colour / sale price (full row details) of that data subset. It would be simliar to in Excel where you'd have a PivotTable and double click on one of the numbers and it would show you the full dataset relating to it. 

I hope I've been able to explain that a bit better.

@Anonymous Using table visual you can click on Don't summarize on values and that will give you all the rows ( i think you already know that). If you'r after summary value and row level value both together you will have to use two seperate visuals. I am currently using column chart and then table visual underneath to show all the rows for the column user select on column chart. I dont think it is possible to hyperlink value and then drill down from it currently in a table visual.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, the 'Don't Summarize' option on the values doesn't give the level of detail I'd need for a partifular sub-set unfortunately but you're right I'm having to use two different visuals as a workaround. I've got the table so the data can be interpreted as well as the column chart so you can drill down and view sub-sets of the records. It was just more from an end user perspective where they've previously been trained to double click on values in a pivot table to bring up the sub-set where as now they need to click on chart / data point to get what they're after. 

Hopefully this idea would be considered as future functionality?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.