Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

electrobrit
Post Patron
Post Patron

Various Number Tiles and % change

I'm on my first project in Power BI so excuse me if this is simple.

If I have a status column and want to show  large number tiles with a count of those status values. How do I do that? I can get total status count but can't figure out the solution to show the actual individual status values

Example:

Status values in one column are: Open, Resolved, Closed and Pending

I want to show large number tiles with specific call-outs:

Count of Open Tickets

Count of Resolved Tickets

Count of Closed Tickets

I have a date column and would also like to show % change (determined by slicer)

An example similar to what I am working on is below.

2016-11-16_21h17_32.png

thank you in advance. Your help is so appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
SwaroopRoyM
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you want to display the Value with the label as "Count of Open Tickets" etc.. and you also want to show the % increase/decrease along with it.

For this you can use "Multi level" card visual, to get the label customized you can create a duplicate column of the value you want to show and rename the column as you need it in the label.

For the %, you can do the calculation in the backend or in Power BI if possible as a separate column/measure and use it for display purpose.

If this helps you then please mark it as answer.

Thanks,

Swaroop

simplistically, first write a measure for each of these status items.  It will be like this

Count of Open Tickets = CALCULATE(countrows(table),table[Status]="Open")

Put each of these measures on a "Card"

But the real answer really depends on your data.  you say you want % change, but how is this information visible in your source data?  To do a % change, it suggests that you have snapshots of your data at different points in time. To provide you with a more detailed answer, you would need to provide information about your tables and data structure - preferable a sample workbook.

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.