Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

gaglenn
Employee
Employee

Using a clustered chart to compare distributions

I have an issue where I am trying to use a clustered bar chart to provide A/B distribution comparisions.  The problem I am encoutering is when calculating the percentage of grand total, it is using the global grand total as a denominator, rather than to total for each individual dataset.  This is causing the larger dataset to swamp-out the smaller one, and make the comparison not useful.  Is there a setting or option to segregate the category totals for the clustered data sets?

To illustrate, the graph below shows the primary distribution:

readdist1.png

The next graph shows the secondary latency distribution:

readdist2.png

The clustered chart would ideally be a composite of these two distribution graphs.  However, when combined the %GT ioCount appears to cover the ioCount for both latency categories, giving a graph as follows:

readdist3.png

This is causing the green category to be dominant, and the black category to be statistically insignificant.  Is there an option that would normalize these data sets better?

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@gaglenn , In such cases you should prefer combo visuals and use line for the second measure. Like Line clustered column chart. But that will show vertical bar

Or try Log axis

amitchandak_0-1679720001497.png

Thank you for the suggestion.  In this case, I just opted to go for two side-by-size bar graphs, as it seemed the clustered graph was not going to work the way I wanted it to.

gaglenn_0-1680214010719.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.