Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

gaglenn
Employee
Employee

Using a clustered chart to compare distributions

I have an issue where I am trying to use a clustered bar chart to provide A/B distribution comparisions.  The problem I am encoutering is when calculating the percentage of grand total, it is using the global grand total as a denominator, rather than to total for each individual dataset.  This is causing the larger dataset to swamp-out the smaller one, and make the comparison not useful.  Is there a setting or option to segregate the category totals for the clustered data sets?

To illustrate, the graph below shows the primary distribution:

readdist1.png

The next graph shows the secondary latency distribution:

readdist2.png

The clustered chart would ideally be a composite of these two distribution graphs.  However, when combined the %GT ioCount appears to cover the ioCount for both latency categories, giving a graph as follows:

readdist3.png

This is causing the green category to be dominant, and the black category to be statistically insignificant.  Is there an option that would normalize these data sets better?

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@gaglenn , In such cases you should prefer combo visuals and use line for the second measure. Like Line clustered column chart. But that will show vertical bar

Or try Log axis

amitchandak_0-1679720001497.png

Thank you for the suggestion.  In this case, I just opted to go for two side-by-size bar graphs, as it seemed the clustered graph was not going to work the way I wanted it to.

gaglenn_0-1680214010719.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.