Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jmvidal
Helper II
Helper II

Use a variable as column title

Hi,

I have some calculated fields named "CY_sales", "LY_sales", and so on, linked to a date table.

Is there any way I can substitute the field name by a variable to be shown as every column header in tables and matrix?

Id like to show "2020" instead of "CY_sales", and get it changed to "2021" next year.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @jmvidal,

In the visualization the name of the measures and columns is the one that appears by default you can change it as you refer but is not possible to make it dinamic.

In terms of dinamic names you can do it for titles of visualization but in the case of the table/matrix headers you cannot make it dinamic.

I believe that in this case the best option is to have a report or visualization title that is dinamyc so in your case if you make a dinamic title for the matrix visualization you can do 2020 and next year 2021.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @jmvidal,

In the visualization the name of the measures and columns is the one that appears by default you can change it as you refer but is not possible to make it dinamic.

In terms of dinamic names you can do it for titles of visualization but in the case of the table/matrix headers you cannot make it dinamic.

I believe that in this case the best option is to have a report or visualization title that is dinamyc so in your case if you make a dinamic title for the matrix visualization you can do 2020 and next year 2021.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Understood, but I can't use this solution because the matrix has CY, LY, LL, TTM columns, so the title can't refer to any specific period.

Thanks anyhow.

Hi @jmvidal ,

Your title could be a dinamyc one that says 2020 sales vs 2019 something similar. But just an idea.

Regards

Miguel Félix

I guess I could also add a text box with the meaning of the columns: "CY:2020 LY:2019" being the number of the year dynamic.

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.