Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dim_Date join with multiple fact date column

Hi All,

I have 3 tables 

Dim_date (datetime)

Fact1 (datetime)

Facts 2(datetime)

RealtionShip

Fact1 (datetime) 1:M Dim_date (datetime) Crossfilter direction (BOTH) and Active/ Fact2 (datetime) 1:M Dim_date (datetime) Crossfilter direction (BOTH) and realtionship Active , result i get in pic 1 if i make relationship inactive then i get the result in pic 2

Capture.JPG

How to resolve this please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Not clear. But make sure that both table are joined on Date column with date table having no time. Also, all dates are cover in date dimension

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can use "userelationship" function when you make one of the relationship inactive.

Here is the reference.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Anonymous
Not applicable

But i want to show Date table - Hour, Fact1 - Count(custid), fact2(salesamt) in same graph

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can you show me your .pbix file if it's not confidential?You can upload it to onedrive then share the link  to me.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-kelly-msft  Thanks much in advance ,

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApPgrUdbr1NBbT4-UdfcQufC8Iw?e=SWehbd

if i select any col and walkin from line.my sales,transaction should split based on hour,day so on

as of now day is coming correct sales=140 and walkin=40 and transaction=52,but line should not be extended, hour wise how to do i dnt have nay ideal. please please help

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Not clear. But make sure that both table are joined on Date column with date table having no time. Also, all dates are cover in date dimension

Anonymous
Not applicable

understood now. created calendar and hour table and joined the timestamp with facts

Anonymous
Not applicable

if i dnt join on datetime, how can i extract hourly data

Anonymous
Not applicable

Best practices want the Dim_Date to be a list of distinct days with no gaps, with no time.

In this way you will be able to use it as a calendar table for your model and to use all the Time Intelligence functions.

In your fact you should calculate the date and link it the Dim_Date with a 1:M relationship that goes from Dim_Date to Fact.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.